This is the strongest track bar setup available for your 2nd gen. This listing is for our 4" to 8" track bar kit, which requires the use of a drop pitman arm to keep the drag link and track bar angles correct. We can also build the track bar to order for trucks that have more than 8" of lift. Fits all 1994 to 2001 Ram 1500 4x4 trucks and 1994 to 2002 Ram 2500/3500 4x4 trucks.
There are many track bars available for 2nd gen Dodge Rams, but none of them are perfect - until now! The Dodge Off Road Track Bar is honestly the best track bar you can get for your 2nd gen Ram 4x4, at any suspension height. We use a new track bar bracket that locates your track bar frame mount forward from the stock position to allow for your front axle to be pushed forward more than any other bar. Then we use an extremely heavy duty 7/8" shank heim joint to use at the frame end, and we have a custom Currie Johnny Joint at the axle end. The greaseable joint is rebuildable and is much stronger than any bushing, plus it offers more misalignment which means your front axle can move easily without the track bar binding up. Both ends of the track bar are adjustable, so the Dodge Off Road Track Bar can be used on trucks with basically any lift size, as well as stock height trucks. The bar is also adjustable while mounted on the truck! You just loosen the jam nuts and turn the bar, which makes setting your axle position extremely easy to do. We now use hex tube adapters at both ends so it is very easy to tighten the jam nuts, you simply put a wrench on the bar and another wrench on the jam nut. Nobody else offers this kind of user-friendly design!
The meat of the track bar is a 1.5" OD 1026 cold-rolled DOM tube with a 1/4" wall for unbelievable strength. The bar has no bends in it so it does not deflect at all, and because DOM does have some "give" to it in extreme situations, you can four wheel with this track bar and not worry about bending it if you happen to hit a rock or a tree stump. For daily drivers, this track bar will never bend or break. We have spent many years using and abusing this same DOM tubing in steering applications and are confident that it will never let you down.
The Dodge Off Road Track Bar can be made in custom lengths for trucks that are lifted extremely high (above 8" suspension), so send us an email and we will figure out how long your track bar needs to be. The standard sizes are stock to 3" lift, or 4" lift to 8" lift. Anything above 8" of suspension lift will be custom made for your truck.
The track bar kit includes all hardware (Grade 8) required and also instructions on how to install your kit. The bracket comes powdercoated in gloss black, and the track bar itself is hand-sanded and then sprayed with a durable gloss black paint. Installation does not require any cutting but you will need to drill two holes in a crossmember to bolt the bracket in place. Welding is also a great option if you have that capability. On some trucks, grinding the stock track bar mount on the axle helps provide extra clearance for the track bar and this becomes a necessary task the higher you lift your truck (due to the angle of the bar).
So what makes the DOR track bar better than anything else on the market?
- Ours uses superior replaceable parts for a long life, and ours is the only one that uses a Johnny Joint.
- It has no bends and a thicker tubing than any other bars, so it's stronger. With only two adjustment points, there is less room for failure.
- It is double adjustable, so it can be adjusted while bolted to the truck. This is important for getting the alignment perfect, and it makes the job a whole lot easier. Other track bars require you to remove one end of the bar to adjust them, which can be very frustrating and time-consuming. We also use hex tube adapters, which make it very easy to adjust the track bar, and tighten the jam nuts without scratching the tube.
- Ours is the only one made for trucks with more than 8" of suspension lift, and we are one of the only ones available for 2nd gens with more than 3" of lift. Stock or lifted, we have you covered.
- The DOR track bar is the only bar with zero failures, zero returns, zero complaints, period. Nobody else has this kind of track record.
- Like all of our parts, this is built by Ram truck owners and enthusiasts, who have tested multiple track bars over the years, and used that experience to come up with an end-all be-all track bar for our trucks. We aren't just another company trying to sell you something. We want you to have the best, and to be able to install something that will last, the first time.
- Our track bars are made specifically for 2nd gens, not a 3rd gen bar converted for use on a 2nd gen like almost all others. It's always better to use something that is actually designed for your truck, as opposed to trying to make a part from another truck fit. There are differences between the 2nd and 3rd gen track bar geometry, and on top of that, our bracket is much stronger than the 3rd gen conversion brackets. Plus the 3rd gen conversions are only good up to 3" of lift. And none of the 3rd gen track bars can be adjusted on the truck.
- Price! Compare the price of our HD track bar kit to any other option and you'll see that we have the least-expensive setup out of all high-end brands. There are cheaper options, but you'll be replacing them at some point. So do it right the first time and save yourself some money.
Heim seals are a great way to protect your track bar heim from inclement conditions. Our heims are the best you can get, however when exposed to salt, mud, water, and ice, they will require a little maintenance and can wear out faster if not maintained. We came up with these poly seals to cover up the ball of the heim without restricting movement. You get all of the strength of a heim joint, with the longevity of a bushing. These are recommended if you live in a northern climate or near saltwater, or if you really abuse your truck in muddy, wet conditions on a regular basis.
Expedited order option - You have the option to upgrade the build/ship time on this product by selecting the Expedite Build Time option. This will put your track bar order on a separate list that gets fulfilled before our regular orders are filled. This does not always mean that the track bar will ship same day or next day, but we will do everything possible to get it out as quickly as possible. If we have everything here to build it, it can go out the same day in many cases. The amount of time will vary depending on what we have on hand to complete the steering, so if you want a closer estimate of ship time, call or email us to check first. This is not meant to be used by everyone, this option exists for our customers who need their truck fixed ASAP due to work, an event, truck show, etc., which is a small percentage of our customer base. You can also upgrade shipping options at checkout to make that process faster, but again that does not mean it will change the build time. It just means when the product is shipped and UPS picks it up, they will get it to you faster than normal.